Emotions are very heightened right now. Lots of highs and lows as we move through this full moon and solstice energies. Self-care is vital during these times to stay calm, clear, and centered.
Here are a few practices that help me center and come back into balance:
- Yoga Nidra (guided meditation) Always!!
- Move your body in any way that feels good for you. Moving your body moves stagnant energy, creating more space for peace.
- Soak in a salt bath with baking soda and a calming essential oil like lavender or vetiver for grounding. 20 minutes minimum.
- Turn off lights, light a few candles, put on some soothing music, create a peaceful atmosphere and write journal entries to release the emotions through words on paper. It helps! (Maybe even use this as a precursor to the next offering…)
- Do a fire release and receive ceremony. Write out all that you are ready to release and surrender. State it out loud and place paper into fire letting the smoke clear your being by carrying it up to the heavens. Take 3 deep breaths. Then, write out what you want to receive. State it out loud and place paper into the fire letting the smoke be a signal to the heavens to hear your prayers. Take 3 deep breaths.
- Soft bellying breathing: lay down with pillow under head and one under knees. Place your hands on your belly. Inhale let your belly rise into your hands, exhale let your belly release towards your spine. Repeat for 15 minutes.
- Take a walk out in nature. Breathe in the smells. Feel the air on your skin. Listen to the sounds. See the beauty in the trees, flowers, landscape. Touch a tree, a plant, a rock. Experience the connections.
I hope you allow yourself some time for self-reflection; whatever that looks like to you! In a world where it is easy to get caught up in the chaos, it is the gift of presence that returns us to a state of peace.